PDX Jazz Careers
PDX Jazz is seeking a Marketing and Membership Manager.
General Position Summary:
Under the direct supervision of the Executive Director, the Marketing and Membership Manager oversees day-to-day implementation of all marketing, publicity, and membership activities in support of strategic business goals and objectives. S/he assists in determining strategies and tactics for continued growth of PDX Jazz audiences.
- The creation of marketing, publicity, and promotional assets. Ensure consistent branding and messaging across all channels.
- Digital properties (website, webstore, email database, e-newsletter, social media, music/video platforms and services) including content generation, user experience, and audience engagement.
- Advertising including planning, media buys, trafficking of creative, and proof of performance.
- Publicity including public announcements, press releases, editorial (event previews and reviews), promotional contests, coordination of artist interviews, and media credentials.
- Production, delivery, and distribution of marketing assets including ad creative, event programs, brochures, direct mail, rack cards, posters, event signage and promotional goods.
- Quantitative and qualitative analysis and reporting (ROI/KPI measurement) of marketing activities. Identify trends and opportunities for business and audience growth.
- Activation of marketing sponsorship deliverables.
- The PDX Jazz Radio Hour program on KMHD 89.1 FM including programming, production and hosting the 1-hour weekly broadcast.
- Growth of the membership program; identify prospects; design and execute appeals engaging new members.
- Stewardship of current members and fulfilment of member benefits; deepen relationships to advance member giving and ensure member renewal.
- Processing of membership applications, renewals, and communications including welcome letters, acknowledgements, special event invitations/RSVP’s, renewal notices, and tax receipts.
- The membership digital archive including content development and activation.
- The membership database, ensuring complete and accurate member information and internal reports.
- Planning, coordination, and execution of membership events.
- Allocated budget and expenditures; optimize cost savings.
- Professional relationships with consultants/contractors, members, donors, sponsors, media, vendors, volunteers, and industry associates.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience managing marketing and membership operations, preferably in a non-profit cultural arts organization.
- Expertise with Microsoft Office, Google Analytics, WordPress, Mailchimp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Spotify, Soundcloud, Mixcloud, YouTube, and Vimeo.
- Strong interpersonal skills: communication, time-management, goal setting, priority management, financial management, project management, critical decision-making, and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently (initiative) and as part of a team (collaboration).
- Ability to work irregular hours (weekends/evenings).
- A cover letter and resume/curriculum vitae are required.
- Applications may be submitted via email to: [email protected].
- Applications must be received by March 31, 2021.
Full-Time Exempt. Competitive Salary and Benefits.
PDX Jazz is an equal opportunity employer. Every employee, contractor and volunteer of PDX Jazz is expected to behave, communicate, and present themselves in a positive, professional, and respectful manner toward patrons, vendors, partners, and fellow team members.